Communication is best, although nobody ever wants to deal with issues, I would much rather have open lines of communication and have my nurse bring this up, then let her hold the concern in and grow increasingly frustrated! I would talk to my account manager and let them know the situation, we would then reach out to contacts or the hospital, if she is contracted to only float to certain facilities and they are requiring her to float to more, then I am sure reminding the facility will solve the issue. I would also coach the nurse to attempt to politely say she is not allowed to float to areas that far away and see if that becomes a simple resolution.
Provided she is working at the hospital, then the answer is that my nurse for several reasons will not be allowed to float to NICU. She is not compliant in that area under our company or Joint Commission standards! If the Nurse is not yet working at the hospital it will all depend on where we are in the contract process. If we have not signed a contract yet we will have to talk to the hospital, if we are in contract then we can use the contract to show she is not required to float to incompetent areas.
This has happened plenty of times in the Travel Nursing industry unfortunately because it's impossible to inspect the properties hundreds of miles away. When we must take property managements word on things, sometimes this does happen, but that does not mean we cannot fix the problem immediately! I would have my nurse call me instantly and assure her that we are handling it. I would then work with my management and contact the housing to find her a different unit immediately, without delay, and if they for any reason unable to, then Vero will make arrangements for the nurse to have temporary housing until the problem is resolved.
Well, we can't do anything about the medical condition! I would make sure that she knows that my company backs her up 100 percent and see if she is okay. Next time we should have prepared better, a quick search of the area from the recruiter could have prevented this, but now we have to react. I would contact the hospital or contact and let them know the nurse is in the hospital and that is the reasoning, and that she has worked for us for 3 years and has done a great job, and offer them assurance that once this passes she will be back to work at full capacity provided her health allows it.
Well I would call her and tell her the situation. Limited information in this scenario, but I will assume a very quick start date and a previously complaint nurse for her to head out that way so quickly. I would explain to the nurse that Human Resources said no to the contract, even though we received an offer from them. I would ask her, even though I know how hard it can be, to wait there for the time being while our company works non-stop to work with the hospital contact and HR, to get the assignment pushed through, for all we know it was a typo or misunderstanding that caused the contract not to be approved! The worst thing that could happen at this point is to tell the nurse partial information and have her leave back for home only to have the hospital approve the contract when she is back home. Communication is key to solving all problems that arise.
Open door policy for communication! If there is a problem, I want to know about it. E-mail, Call, Text immediately because I want to fix the problems! I in no way shape or form ever want one of my nurses to have problems boil over and make the assignment less enjoyable! Everybody has jobs, and can submit your profile, and I can do that too, but I can go above and beyond to make sure you assignment is everything you imagined!