The first thing I would do in this situation would be to ask Flo when her next scheduled shift is and at which of the hospitals.
I would encourage Flo to speak with her manager about this situation if she has not already done so. In the meantime, my team's next move as an agency would depend on if this hospital uses a vendor or is a direct client. If the hospital is a direct client, we would alert our contact at the facility and communicate the issue with them. We would otherwise contact our vendor contact for an update here. While this is happening, I would stay in communication with Flo and keep her updated as best as I can.
When speaking with Flo, I would ask her: "if we don't get an update on this before your next shift, what are you going to do?" While we are doing everything in our power to get an asap response, there are times when this isn't possible for any number of reasons. I would explain this to Flo as well, maintaining realistic expectations of outcomes.
If the situation is not remedied and Flo decides she needs to terminate her contract, I would advise her of any possible early cancellation fees. Due to the extreme circumstances here, I would tell her that I would do my utmost to waive those fees.
It is important to be responsive but realistic with Flo's concerns. I want her to be prepared for all worst-case scenarios, so that at the end of the day, she can make the most well-thought-out and educated decisions for herself.
As the first point of contact for Betty, I would advise her to professionally address these concerns with the manager. I would further loop in our team's clinical coordinator to support Betty and speak with the hospital's team to find a better assignment for Betty.
That's horrible! I would empathize with Roach and then immediately hop online and look for other possible housing options for her.
The primary concern here to me would be the nurses health and safety. If she is in a situation where that is being put at risk we do what they want to do to ensure they are being taken care of to the best of our ability and inform the vendor that the contract would have to be cancelled. Having a relationship with the nurse for 3+ years I would have let them know prior to accepting it what they were going to be in for so they were not surprised upon showing up there.
This wouldn't happen, because it typically takes about two to four weeks to onboard new nurses for assignments. Furthermore, we do have safeguards in place to prevent the possibility of this happening, as our Account Management team sends out client confirmations that need to be signed by representatives of the hospital and (when applicable) the vendor.
Contracts do sometimes get canceled prior to starting and in those cases I immediately call my nurse, apologize, and make a plan of action from there.
Keep it real with me! If you don't like a job opportunity because of the location... tell me! If you don't like the pay... tell me! If your current assignment is crap... tell me! You won't hurt my feelings by being brutally honest with me. It actually makes my job wayyyyyyyyy easier because then I could find the best assignments for my travelers. That being said... please don't ghost me - I'm not a mind reader!