Thankful my nurse reached out! This is something we want to address with the facility immediately to hopefully correct before it gets to the point of frustration that Flo wants to leave immediately and is also unhappy traveling. As a company, we would need to reach out to the hospital to let them also know what is going on and to highlight float terms as only 10 miles. If they want to ask for a larger radius and present to Flo, we can, but she can decline. Not part of the contract terms. As well, ideally push for an incentive for Flo to float further.
I would let them know unfortunately, Betty can not float to NICU. I can also let them know the areas she could float to and see if any other arrangements can be made for her to float there, but that is the best that can be offered. I would not want to place someone in a setting not comfortable in.
I would immediately book a hotel to give some sort of housing option to rest after that long drive. Then I would get with the housing team to correct the situation. Unfortunately, I don’t get to see most places in person before booking housing. If not acceptable, I would need to see if a possibility to just get it cleaned, or if just not an option at all (can’t get clean, unsafe, etc.), I would get out of the lease and find new housing options, even if at the expense of the company.
First, I hope that Asthmatic is ok! Very scary to be hospitalized and health going to be first priority. I would then loop in the facility to let them know what is going on. Facilities often understand in this scenario since totally out of control and not just missing work to play. I would probably need to cancel the contact all together with the nurses permission. If so, I would try to find a backfill and be clear on the area so we avoid a potential mismatch again. As well, once the nurse is ready to work again, help find a wonderful assignment that will keep her healthy too!
This should not have happened. I wouldn’t give clearance for Roulette to show up until all contracts were signed. If this did happen, I would immediately try to fix the situation. Try to get a contract set and approved, and travel would be paid for the wait time (or travel home if not approved).
My ideal traveler is open for adventure. You have to be when traveling. So many elements are unpredictable…job assignment location, team make up, and external factors. As well, be ready to jump in and help, but also confident in your skills. Be a fun personality to work with and dependable, so they feel they got a great value out of their traveler. Also, ideally be open with your recruiter. You have to feel like we are in it together. With the jobs changing often, nice to feel grounded and have a home at your travel company.